Sasan Tavassoli shares a message on the three promises of Christmas.
Starting with the genealogy of Jesus in Matthew 1:17.
17 Thus there were fourteen generations in all from Abraham to David, fourteen from David to the exile to Babylon, and fourteen from the exile to the Messiah.Matthew 1:17
14 Generations Abraham to David – Promise to Abraham in Genesis 12
12 The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.
2 “I will make you into a great nation,Gen 12
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.[a]
3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you.”[b]
14 Generations David to Exile – Promise to David son from your line who will rule forever – Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born,Isaiah 9:6
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
14 Generations Exile to Messiah
- Waiting is a big part of the human experience.
- Jesus is the fulfilment of all of God Promises through all generations.
Three Promises for Christmas
- God is faithful to his promises.
- God is in control of history and our lives – God is not surprised, He is not shocked, we can trust in him and his sovereignty
- God can use everyone – No one is beyond hope, noone’s life is rejected just look at the genealogy of Jesus.