Nine times in the New Testament we see mention of the disciples being filled with the Holy Spirit. This was a common occurrence in their lives.
In the book of Ephesians Paul exhorts us, don’t be filled with wine but be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit.
Brother Edward outlines why we need to be filled with the Holy Spirit:
- Without being filled with the Holy Spirit we would be weak and cowardly individuals.
- Holy Spirit is a spirit of knowledge and revelation.
- Without being filled with the Holy Spirit we will be individuals who are ignorant not knowing right from wrong.
- Without the Holy Spirit, our relationships will not be right.
- We need to be filled with the Holy Spirit because without being filled with the Holy Spirit we can not have good worship or effective prayer.